Western Union Money Transfer is the leading money transfer service in the world; available in more than 200 countries with more than 450,000 locations. It is the fast way to send and receive money worldwide without a need to have a bank account.
In Tanzania, TPB is the agent with the widest network covering branches and locations of the following institutions:-
- Tanzania Postal Bank branches , Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC)
- Dar Es Salaam Community Bank (DCB)
- Mwanga Rural Cooperative Bank (MRCB)
- Kagera Farmers' Cooperative Bank (KFCB)
- Azania Bank Limited
- Kilimanjaro Cooperative Bank Ltd (KCBL)
- Uchumi Commercial Bank (UCB)
- Mbinga Community Bank (MCB)
- Mufindi Community Bank (MuCoB)
- Njombe Community Bank (NCB)
- Amana Bank
- In order to receive money, a customer is required to have genuine Identity Card, Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) given by the person who sent money and answer for a test question. A customer who wants to send money is required to have Identity
- In order to send money locally, a customer needs to have any recognizable Identity Card and the correct contacts information of the receiver.
- In order to send money abroad, a customer needs to have any recognizable Identity Card, the correct contacts information of the receiver and the authority evidence to send money abroad.
- Charges to send money is paid by the sender and the receiver collects the amount without paying any charge. He/she can collect Money from any Western Union location listed below.